Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Mitutoyo disaster

d00d

It seems that every single person that works at Mitutoyo has been eaten by their automated phone service and no longer exists! Does anyone know of a repair company that services MItutoyo CMM electronic components? I'm beginning to think we have a $100,000.00 rock in our cmm dept. at this point. curse.gifcurse.gifcurse.gif

Well here goes the whole story. We purchased a used Mitutoyo CMM on the 3 servo units I found a few resistors that are bad(burned open) went through the boards and found all bad parts and replaced using test equipment. OK here's the problem. The last servo unit is a different model number and ONE single resister burned open. Resistors are color coded to get there value in ohms and tolorence. All that have been bad so far arent burned to bad to see the colors, and the ones that were on the other 2 servo units I had another to look at and get the colors off of. Now the Mit. rep (also our Mazak rep) tells me they dont make a schematic for this unit, or the unit, and we have to do a $30,000 retro because Mitutoyo cant tell me the value of a 10 cent resistor!!!!!! So I tried calling the 3 Mitutoyo service centers listed on there homepage ( Including the one in Cali. and get stuck in perpetual phone automation HELL! On the Company phone Bill. No 800 numbers! Then when I FINALLY spoke with a human it was some lady that told me they only repair hand tools and she would send me to an extension that has someone that knows more about where to get this serviced. After it rings 60000 times guess what???? MOre automated freekin directory options! Whoever invented this UN-Human "convenience" should have to spend 5 years filtering there drinking water through Dom Delouises Toe Pit lint, and one hour listening to Don Johnson sing! Sorry for the rant guys, been a looooooong day after a looooong weekend banghead.gifcurse.gifbanghead.gifcurse.gif

quote:

Now the Mit. rep (also our Mazak rep) tells me they dont make a schematic for this unit, or the unit, and we have to do a $30,000 retro because Mitutoyo cant tell me the value of a 10 cent resistor!!!!!!

Dont make a schematic? ********. Did they eyeball them together from memory? Gimme a break.

I'd be so far up thier xxxx they'd be able to taste me.

'Rekd

d00d, don't know if you've tried the Aurora, IL number yet but the website says that's their only US CMM plant

945 Corporate Blvd

Aurora, IL 60504

630-820-9666

If you go to the 'About MAC' page it has a gateway to other pages that have a bunch of phone numbers. As soon as you get someone on the phone just start bitching loud enough that they'll find you the right contact.

You don't have as much support since you didn't actually buy the thing from them but you'd figure they'd still support their product

C

Chris, Just talked to the 3rd person from that location, as well as the 3rd person to tell me thats not there dept. and refered me to ANOTHER automated answering service to leave a msg for another person to call me back and tell that , yep you guessed it, It's not there freekin dept!!!!!!!!!!! I told this guy at there next company party/picnic/meeting to please bring up my problem in front of all the employees at there establishment and when someone says "hey , that's what I do!" please have them call me. rolleyes.gif I was mad but I have a wierd enuff sense of humor and know that I'leaving in 30 minutes that this has actually become the only entertainment I've had here in a week. biggrin.gif HMmm maybe I should call Vegas and sale odds on the next person I talk to actually having an answer.

quote:

I told this guy at there next company party/picnic/meeting to please bring up my problem in front of all the employees at there establishment and when someone says "hey , that's what I do!" please have them call me

biggrin.gif

That's great, if the guy wasn't a total knob he must've gotten a kick out of that

C