Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Nvidia Card Drivers

Stacey

12 minutes ago, Stacey said:

I was wondering if anyone has experience with the Nvidia Quadro cards and problematic drivers as well as successful drivers.

I use a Quadro K4100M on my laptop and it works nicely in mastercam and i think i am running a pretty current driver. I just get them right off nvidia's website and i always choose whatever their Latest driver is and they always seem to work well. https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

But even with the proper driver if your nvidia control panel is auto selecting the wrong gfx card for use with mastercam then no matter what driver you install you will have issues so if you do have both an intel and nvidia gfx card or dual gfx cards on this system make sure you go into the nvidia control panel  (right click on desktop and select the nvidia control panel), then go into Manage 3d settings and if you have an option to Auto Select the graphics card change that setting to Always use High performance graphics card. You may or may not have this option but systems that have both the intel and nvidia card should have an option in the nvidia control panel.

They also have a topic on this in the mastercam.com Knowledge base if you want to learn more about what i am talking about just do a Search for GPU or a search for Enable Dedicated graphics and there is some detailed info on how to do what i just described listed in mastercam's knowledge base.

I hope this helps