Sign in to follow this  
medaq

posting subs to seperate files?

Was curious if anyone knew of a way to post a program and have the subs post to their own files? 

Our brother cnc only have 2 meg total limit per pallet, so with all the production I need to sub out my parts to reduce file size.  And currenlty I have tried everything I can think of to have a program send in as one file and have all the subs go to their own programs like a fanuc will. But every time it hits M30 or M99 machine will stop the send in and ignore the sub files. So in order to save me a ton of not having to edit out each sub program and save them to their own files, then send them in. I was hoping someone knew a way to have the post processor post the subs into their own files relative to their program number?

That sounds like a lot of work both in the post and loading all the files. Is it possible to change M30 to M?? and M99 to M?? in the post, then search and replace the two codes in the machine after the program is loaded?

Edit; Can you create special M-codes on this machine? If so you could create a "M3000" for M30 and "M9999" for M99. Make your M9999 program M99: and M3000 program M30;

I don't know if that would work but I would try anything before loading 50 different subprograms.