Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fillet rads on toolplath

Mike Nelson

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Hello Mike. Welcome to the forum.

You pretty much need to model all outside radii.

Inside radii are not really necessary if they are the same as the radius of the tool you're using. Out of habit though, I've always modeled them just in case I decide to change the tool to a different diameter for one reason or another.

HTH

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I went back to programming a few years back. It's a little kinder to the family than traveling often.

Hey you have questions about your pallet pool bring them in here. I take care of an SH-8000 2 machine 24 Pallet system. biggrin.gif Man I love cells...

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

You don't think that picture is spitting image??? biggrin.gif

Yesterday our T1 crashed so I could not finish.

I stopped working for Mori 5 years ago in June (I think). headscratch.gifheadscratch.gif

I still have close tied to them. I'm about 2 miles from their office so if stuff goes wrong.... they get an earful, quick! wink.gif

How is your cell running? You guys have an SH-630 cell right? 2 machines, like 12 pallets??? headscratch.gif been a few years since I've been up your way. Our SH-500 cell runs about 155+ hours a week and our SH-8000 cell runs between 120 and 140 hours a week. We only have 2 guys on one shift taking care of the 8000 or else we'd be up there in the 150's as well.

Stick around in here, there's a lot of talented folks willing to share info. You guys used to use SmartCAM right? headscratch.gif

We have ran Smartcam but the parent company

has made the call to go Mcam

SH 500's w/15 pallets

Under utilized for the vast machine it is

I need alot of help with this program so you'll

see me frequently, it is quite different from home.

I need faster ways of starting and printing out

doc's for the floor

Any help there would be helpful

Mike

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I've got a kick butt post for your machine. Has Tool Breakage Detection, Look Ahead/AICC/HPCC, high pressure coolant, shower coolant, eject the pallet mark it red if a broken tool is encountered, etc... Other goodies too.

Post, set work offsets and run. Lemme know if you need the post, of course there are no warranties, as-is, all that stuff... I do have a pretty nice Setup Sheet Word Template if you want to check it out.

Are you still using the MoricAC cell control software? If yo uguys are, you should consider updating to CAPS-LPS. MUCH better. More user friendly, more features, etc...

Later,