Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas problem and am looking for ideas

Joeyls319

Good evening everyone.

We got a problem with a machine here and I was wondering if anyone here could lend a thought or two.

Here's the situation with the info that I know.

I got a 4th axis program (just a few holes, a couple of pockets and a simple periphery toolpath) that we ran on a Haas VF5 with a 4th axis attachment and it ran with no problem at all.

Now we are trying to run it on a VF6 and when it it hits the G93 line, the machine alarms out. A guy from Haas was here and he couldn't figure it out. They actually e-mailed my program to their company to see if it's the program, but I don't think that's it.

I was just curious if this has happened to anyone or if someone has a thought or remedy for my current headache. banghead.gif

Thanks in advance,

Joey

Well with inverse time I beleive on some machines this is an option I would check to see if that is enabled on the machine to allow you to do this.

I am also wondering what post you are using to give you the inverse time calucations. If you are doing holes and things like that why do you need inverse time for?

Millman,

Thanks for the quick response. I believe they checked that (ok I imagine they would have checked that). I used the Haas post that we use for all of our Haas's except the 5th axis. I'm using the inverse mode just on the periphery because the edge has to be normal with the surface.

But now that I think of it I'm not sure if the company has ever tried using the inverse mode on that machine before. I know that they have the 4th axis over there plenty of times but I don't know if they have ever used it in the inverse mode (just for positioning I think). I'll have to bring that up on Monday. I've only been with the company for about 9 months. With the holes it's just strictly for positioning which worked fine. Sorry I wasn't more specific.

Joey