Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma Guys...

Dean Lindblad

MPOKUMA is a good starting point but you must immediately edit out the G53 Z0. death move at the end of each operation or you WILL rap your tool off the part / fixture / table or at least be scared sh!tless when you see the tool go for the table. The G53 X0. Y0. is also not very helpful at the end of the program as this is typically the middle of the table in Okuma VMCs. I use the G30 'home positions' for all of my rapid-to-a-point moves. For example, G30 P1 is factory set as the Z position in line with the ATC in my machine so at the end of every op I spit G30 P1 where MPOKUMA has the G53 Z0. output. I then set 3 home positions in the machine parameters, 1 each for left, right, and middle of the table in X and Y on the positive soft limit. The post spits G30 P30 for left, P31 for center, and P32 for right side at the end of the program depending on an mi value that I set in Mastercam for this purpose. If you don't want to get into this, just have it post G00 Y100. or something at the end of the program where they have G53 X0. Y0.

C

There are many small annoyances with this post but they are pretty easily remedied