Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Pre drawn Parts

KMI

Hello,

Is there anywhere in Mc that you can import an already drawn part. IE the shape of a hex bolt head. That sort of thing. I could spend the time and draw each part out but I only need them for the general look not for machining. I realize this may be slightly out of the scope of MC but is it possible? I thought there was a folder with sample parts in it somewhere but I cant find it. Thanks in advance.

Daryle

Kodiak Motorsports Inc.

contact your supplier of bolts and other hardware. some of them have these already drawn on CD in various formats. I got mine in autoCad format on CD from them for free. then you just have to convert them into mastercam and save them where ever you want to.

HTH

Reid Tool Supply Co. @ www.reidtool.com has many items in their catalog drawn in Autocad files and is downloadable.

They also have a CD that is available for a nominal fee.

I also use the Mitee-Bite clamp web site. All of their products are downloadable.

As James Meyette also said, McMaster-Carr is also good.

But, as a word of warning! Check the dimensions of anything you download. I once downloaded a Mitee-Bite clamp from a web site other than Mitee-Bite's and designed a whole fixture around it.

The clamp was drawn wrong, and my fixture was nothing but scrap.