Sign in to follow this  
HairyWBush

Set stock plane to model

I have been trying to set a stock model, which is just an oversize model, to the model's plane and it's impossible. I'm probably just going to set the stock to one view.

I tried creating the stock model in Mastercam and had one imported as an STL, but I STILL  had no luck getting it do properly verify as it was always twisted or far away. What's the point of setting the stock plane if it's not going to do crap? I tried merging the STL stock model, and selecting it in stock setup, but it won't even acknowledge it, yet I can move it anywhere. And, if I import it through 'Stock Model', then I can't translate it. I don't understand.

I'm not sure if i understand completely but have you tried to simply offset all surfaces, make a solid from these surfaces and choose that as stock in property's - stock setup?

When using stls I always set stock to top plane. In the stock tab 

That's mastercam default top