Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Laptop vs Docking Station Mastercam.workspace toggle

huskermcdoogle

Hello all.

I have finally taken some time to write a batch file to toggle my Mastercam.workspace file from Laptop Mode to Docking station mode, and vise versa.  I have a 4k monitor so it was pretty much a requirement for me to do so.  Plus I like to leave my planes and level manages on the other monitor to save space when in the dock, sick of having to redo it all the time.  I am frequently in the dock and on the go multiple times a day.

Anyway:

Read through the batch file attached and decide if you want to use it or not.  But basically it is just a toggle.  It will save last exited workspace changes to the appropriate config, and then load the other config as the workspace file, flipping from one mode to the other.

then you can launch the version of mastercam you have it setup for

To setup (if you have a default install):

update the user and mcamver variables in the batch file

copy your Mastercam.workspace file and create two copies.  Mastercam.lapspace and Mastercam.dockspace

create an empty text file which indicates which config your Mastercam.workspace file is currently configured for:  for laptop monitor create lapspace.ws for dockingstation dockspace.ws, the batch file simply checks for this file to keep track of which file is current so it knows which one to save...

backup any Mastercam.workspace files you don't want to lose into a separate folder or under a backup name

run batch file from any location, I keep on my desktop

launch Mastercam

If you don't care to press any key each time you hit the toggle and just want it to do it's thing and close, delete the pause on the line of the file.

Feel free to provide feedback on or update with enhancements that would make this more useful.

Toggle MCAM workspace.bat

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1