Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Error Messages

Paul McGarr

Just to vent...

I am tired of answering the same error message over and over when there is a problem with a toolpath. For example, if I chain 384 contours that have 6 depth cuts each, and I get a "cutter compensation not successful" error due to chaining in the wrong direction, I have to answer "ok" to that error message 2,304 times. banghead.gif Otherwise, I have to kill mastercam from task manager which is a real bummer if I haven't saved my geo in a while.

Has this been addressed? I've mentioned it before, and it seems like it must me somewhat common.

Like I said, I'm just venting, but if anyone has any knowledge of intention to fix little annoyances like this, I'd be interested in hearing.

mad.gif Paul

quote:

basically just set something on enter or esc key and go for smoke break.

been there did that. also noticed importing a lot of opperations, if things to go right it never ends with warnings and just keeps loading the tools over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over rolleyes.gif

Paul,

How are you chaining those contours? Are you selecting them by a window? There is a chain option that allows for one direction (CW or CCW) for all closed chains. This is found in the Chain-Options dialog under the masking switches. If you always want the chains to be going in one direction or another, make sure to de-select the switch that says "use cursor position for manual selection". This switch overrides whatever direction you've chosen for the chains. HTH

Peter,

I appreciate your help. I am aware of the things you mention, and don't typically have a problem, but every now and then I make a mistake. When I do, I would appreciate not having it rubbed in my face thousands of times. I was just pointing out a problem that has been around for a long time to see what others responses would be. I don't think Mastercam is malfunctioning, it's just being "stupid".

This problem is just an annoyance for the most part. It doesn't happen to me very often, but when it does, I do this...

banghead.gif

...I love that graemlin.

Is there a beta release of Mastercam X yet? I asked to be on the list to beta test, and half expected to hear something by now. Is it just too early, or could they have decided not to let me participate?

Hmm?

Thanks,

Paul

Paul,

It's too early. I don't think they ever disqualify anyone from Beta testing unless there's reason to suspect information leakage.

"...I love that graemlin" LOL I agree although I wish there was one for J/K or a "laughing" smiley. I'm also not entirely sure what the "Firebounce" graemlin symbolizes. I use it to show excitement/anticipation/animated enthusiasm. Perhaps it's for "heated" debate.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Paul, if it's any consolation, I have not recieved anything yet. I have heard grumblings though but I'm not at liberty to discuss them at this point. Relax, it's coming.