Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

rast2vec problems

grantwmason

so i can post images in X5 with no issues. the only thing i am not happy with is after i import the image in, i have to retrace the image because all of my lines are going to be squiggly and nasty. the only thing i can figure is that when i go to import it my parameters are not set just right. any help would be greratly appreciated.

The best settings I have found are 72 DPI and Spline Fit. The higher quality the image, the better the vector generation will be. You also want to work with as large of an image as possible. It's never going to be perfect. I re-trace all of my logos that I create this way.

Grant, I leave those parameters at their default setting. I would suggest if you want to play with them click the "?" icon in the spline parameters window for a better explanation than I can give of what each of those settings do. I would also suggest changing one setting at a time to figure out which way works best for you. Each image is different.

And as CJep said, a black and white or grayscale image works best. I find if you take the image into Photoshop and grayscale it then sharpen edges you get better results.