Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Horiz4front machine simulation fix

BBprecise

Couldn't find this posted anywhere or if anybody cares, but I found that if I restrict the "A" axis in the horiz4front machine simulation I don't get the pallet/part flip that's common with this machine simulation. The 290 op prg I just did for my HMC seemed to work ok. Tried to make my own machine but I'm failing miserably. Got a couple errors and I don't know what causing them. Re-seller is looking into it though.

I apologize if this is redundant or common knowledge (couldn't find anything when I used search function), but figured I'd put it out there.

P.S., does anybody here have models for an Okuma & Howa 630H HMC?

Thanks gents.

For got to mention that I restricted it to 89.999 and 90.001.

In my limited playing with machsim and this machine, I have found that this setting in the attached screenshot gets rid of the pallet flipping upsidedown. Now why there is even a A axis defined I don't know.

I am also playing with making my own machine....have not got to far with that yet. Oddly enough it is a 630mm horizontal I want to attempt (Matsuura H-plus630)

post-5509-0-00396200-1398172188_thumb.jpg

Never thought to look there. Help file on that page is not existent so I had no idea what you could control with it. I noticed there's a machine transform at the beginning of the machine tree assuming because the X & Y axis component STL files are drawn like they would be on a vertical mill, so I thought the A was in there to deal with that. Maybe not.

Appreciate the info. I've asked my reseller about how to fix this flip problem several times before and they didn't know exactly why it did it or how to work around it. The simulation isn't perfect, but it does what I need it to do, can't afford Vericut since most of our jobs are relatively simple and would probably take more time to set up in Vericut than it's worth.

I am also playing with making my own machine....have not got to far with that yet. Oddly enough it is a 630mm horizontal I want to attempt (Matsuura H-plus630)

:cough: Don't waste your time with MachSim when you could get a CAMplete machine :cough:

:coffee:

*Cough* Off to Off Topic with you *Cough*

LOL

I didn't say anything. I was just clearing my throat. :D:p

:cough: Besides, he's got a MAM72-63V IIIRC and already has CAMplete. Makes sense just to get the H.Plus-630 instead of fiddlefarting around with something that doesn't even simulate g-code. :cough:

I didn't say anything. I was just clearing my throat. :D:p

:cough: Besides, he's got a MAM72-63V IIIRC and already has CAMplete. Makes sense just to get the H.Plus-630 instead of fiddlefarting around with something that doesn't even simulate g-code. :cough:

Thatsa' bad cough you gotta' there boy! :)

g-code verification is a waste of time. Why would you need that? *cough* Damn, I've got it now... :)

I hope this helps, To get your machine to work like the HMC Front in machine sim, you will have to build your machine just like CNC has theirs built and include the (A axis) or it will not work. Note: all the machines are built with the axis in the correct orientation with the exception of the HMC Front the (A axis) allows the machine sim simulate the HMC Front being in the wrong view. However If you program your HMC in the Top view you can build your machine without the (A axis) and just have (X,Y,Z,B axis) it will work.

The best way to see how they built their machines is to import the STL's of the HMC Front and shade them and print it for a reference, then build yours the same.

:cough: CAMplete's got the HMC's as well. Tesla uses it on their 630's :cough:

Yeah, that is a bad cough. I should get it looked at. I've got a fever, and only one thing will cure it; I NEED more cowbell!

:cough: CAMplete's got the HMC's as well. Tesla uses it on their 630's :cough:

Yeah, that is a bad cough. I should get it looked at. I've got a fever, and only one thing will cure it; I NEED more cowbell!

CAMplete has a limited range of machines, correct?