Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Parasolid error

d00d

OK I know this has probably been covered. I have searched the forum and can find no resolution to my problem. Customer has sent parasolid version 10, 12, 13, &15. still recieve the same error code when I try to open the file. Also cannot open the file in Solid Works. Is there such a thing as a list of what certain error codes mean? I have searched help files on Mastercam but no glossary of codes. The one I'm getting is as follows....

Parasolid® Kernel Interface Error:

PK error code: 922-

invalid file contents

Any help would keep Miller Time from being late.

Thanks cheers.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

The kernel errors belong to Parasolid not Mastercam. Just for giggles I opend up a parasolid file in a text editor and here's what I saw;

code:

*ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz**************************

**PARASOLID !"#%&'()*+,-./:;<=>?@[]^_`{|}~0123456789***************************

**PART1;

MC=unknown;

MC_MODEL=unknown;

MC_ID=unknown;

OS=Windows NT;

OS_RELEASE=unknown;

FRU=CNC Software, Inc.;

APPL=Mastercam;

SITE=unknown;

USER=unknown;

FORMAT=text;

GUISE=transmit;

KEY=SEAT;

FILE=SEAT.X_T;

DATE=Wed Apr 21 09:19:57 2004;

**PART2;

SCH=SCH_1401178_14000;

USFLD_SIZE=1;

**PART3;

**END_OF_HEADER*****************************************************************

Perhaps [email protected] might be a good place to send this. What is the originating CAD system?

Pete, we got our Solid works rep to make us a good parasolid from the file. I'm not sure what the problem was. I needed the file to do a cavity pull for a die cast die design in Solidworks. And you are right about your inporter, many times I have used mastercam to open files(parasolids or others) when Solidworks would not. I have resolved my issues for this job but if you would like a copy of the file to better your product or for research reasons, I would be glad to forward it in any of the the various formats our customer sent it to us in, including STEP, IGES, or parasolids versions 10 through 15 .

Darren