Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

surface modify question

cherokeechief79

I have a circular surface that I have to machine.originally it was going to be clamped in 2 spots and machined in 2 quadrants.then the clamps would be moved and we would machine whats left.now im going to clamp in the center and machine the entire surface in one "chucking".i now want to join these 4 surfaces into one .how do I do that?also I want to extend this newly created surface on just 2 sides ,the inner and the outer.right now when I try to extend trimmed edges all of the edges are extended and the ones that now are against each other overlap.

Be best to create a completely new surface using the edge of all 4 areas. If you can make it one entity to do so them you will end up with one surface. If you have 4 entities then you will end up with 4 surfaces. Keep it Simple and you will get simple results. Make it complex and you will get complex results. Got a section you can share?

• 3 weeks later...