Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I need ideas on how to rough this part.

PAnderson

Good Day Gentlemen,

I do not use Mastercam on a daily basis like most of you do. I am comfortable with it for a lot of things but this one is throwing me for a loop. There are 2 operations in this file and a stock model. Operation 1 is OK but could use a more efficient choice for roughing. I am not up to speed on the best MX can do. Operation 2 is where I am having a problem. No matter what I do, there is a LOT of air cutting and that is unacceptable. Could someone please take a look at this file and point out where I am going wrong or if I am even using the best type of operation.

This is being cut in a 4th/5th axis. A-90 degr., C0. on the first OP and A-90., C180 on the second OP.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Paul

ankle brace2-ck.zip

One of the things you could do to reduce the movement is to set the step downs higher than 10%. The opti tpath is setup to use more of the length of the cutter, 100-150%,  then you would use the step up 10% to semi finish the part. Also if you're running this in TI you should reduce the 45% step over, you should probably be down around 10%

Not certain why it won't trim to the stock model, did you send the file to QC?