Sign in to follow this  
TREV

fanuc pro 5 control question

good day,

i  have a new to me makino f5 with pro 5 control and have noticed the relative  and machine zeros do not match up. they vary between .00003 and .00007

i am only familiar with pro 3 and earlier. i do not see any issues with this but just curious as to why i have powered down after putting machine home and when i power up 

the numbers do not repeat nad are never zero. any insight on this would help. 

trevor

The servos drop a little when the are de energized and relative is zeroed on machine startup.

All fanuc are like this. There is a parameter they will zero them if you home them

thanks for the reply.  the other controls always seen to match althou some only have 4 place decimals the ones with 5 places also match. do you know what the parameter number is for it to zero at start up? i have not noticed any tolerance issues as of yet. should i be concerned? i am cutting trodes on this machine looking to hold .0001 - .0002. like i said this control is new to me.

trev

I don't know the parameter number, but the machine and absolute are that really matter.

Relative is like a dro, unless you use z input c for tool height

"Relative" position means nothing. If has no effect on program position whatsoever. It is for reference only. You can zero it anywhere and anytime you want with no repercussions other than losing a reference position. 

• Like 1

thanks for replies.

I thought it would not effect program and I have not seen anything in inspections in regards to accuracies. it was just something I had not noticed on any of the other makinos just this one that we recently acquired used, althou it is fairly new with only 3000 hours.

thanks, trevor