Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

USING HOLDER CLEARANCE WITH HIGH SPEED

AWL304

I have never used this feature in the high speed paths, but it seems to work great. except after hitting the post button I get this warning, it

post just fine but inserts a "instability in tool path" warning in the actual post. I think its retracting to avoid something, and also before any "c" moves start, why?

the machine does run it if you keep hitting "GO" it skips rite thru it and carries on, besides going home then feeding ALL the way back to position.

is there a way to avoid this warning??

tool path: waterline

machine: mazak integrex

HOLDER COLL..JPG

WARNING.JPG

POST PIC.JPG

You have run into what is called a singularity event and to be expect when doing exactly what your trying to do. That function doesn't take Kinematics into account in the operations itself. The post however is taking Kinematics into account an you have hit the infinite place where the endless solutions at X,Y,Z,A,c have just happened or what we call a singularity event. The post it letting you know your machine can do some unexpected things. The best to avoid this is put your fixture on a 5 deg tilt so the part is not for the majority of the work ever at X,Y,Z,A,C zero at the same time. When it is where you thought it was going to go clockwise it may go clockwise or vice verse or the other thing is 5 cuts go clockwise and look great then you get to the next one cut that is counterclockwise and boom you have a crash.

The post is doing exactly what it should be doing. Now you have to decide do you want to modify your process to eliminate this issue by putting the part on a slight angel to not allow it or rethink the toolpath and approach it another way? 🤔

well, maybe i follow....

i have noticed it puts the warning message in exactly after the lead in moves, retracts than goes back in to Cary out the tool path with no problem.

You say to run it at an angle, i have no "A' axis but if i were to create a plane as to rotate my "b" on say a 5 degree angle and run the too path from that plane, this would accomplish the same as you mentioned?

i will try this if i explained it rite.

50 minutes ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

You have run into what is called a singularity event and to be expect when doing exactly what your trying to do. That function doesn't take Kinematics into account in the operations itself. The post however is taking Kinematics into account an you have hit the infinite place where the endless solutions at X,Y,Z,A,c have just happened or what we call a singularity event. The post it letting you know your machine can do some unexpected things. The best to avoid this is put your fixture on a 5 deg tilt so the part is not for the majority of the work ever at X,Y,Z,A,C zero at the same time. When it is where you thought it was going to go clockwise it may go clockwise or vice verse or the other thing is 5 cuts go clockwise and look great then you get to the next one cut that is counterclockwise and boom you have a crash.

The post is doing exactly what it should be doing. Now you have to decide do you want to modify your process to eliminate this issue by putting the part on a slight angel to not allow it or rethink the toolpath and approach it another way? 🤔

OK....

i did just that i created a plane  5 degree off my normal plane and ran the tool path from that plane an it posted without error.

thanks!!