Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need help measuring and inspecting part with Renishaw

1 minute ago, JParis said:

Send that code to Mazak and ask them why? If it's wrong, what's wrong with it..

Like I said in PM, our's was not properly setup right the first time and the G68.2 issue was exactly the issue we were fighting

I did last Friday, but haven't heard anything back yet.

I'm just rereading my emails with Cimquest and Mazak and after a couple weeks it became evident they had to come back out and reset all of the machine parameters.,,

The guy who set it up set them incorrectly and they finally got someone out here...then the G68.2 suddenly worked as it was supposed to work...

Keep on Mazak...

I am also reading in my emails the the B code is opposite for a VC500...if I am standing in front of the machine the B axis tilts clockwise is B- and CCW B+ which is now correct..

That's where ours was set wrong

• Like 1
Just now, JParis said:

I'm just rereading my emails with Cimquest and Mazak and after a couple weeks it became evident they had to come back out and reset all of the machine parameters.,,

The guy who set it up set them incorrectly and they finally got someone out here...then the G68.2 suddenly worked as it was supposed to work...

Keep on Mazak...

👍

This SARS-CoV-2 crap makes it difficult to get anybody here. The high pressure TSC crapped out on us about 2 months after we started running the machine. We scheduled a tech to be here, but they called him back for whatever reason.

2 hours ago, BBprecise said:

We just can't figure out why G68.2 isn't working the way it should. The post spits everything out correctly the best I can tell, but machine isn't reacting like it should. Another battle for another day.

Sorry. Wish I could help, I just don't speak Mazak at all. FANUC and some Siemens. 

• Like 1
18 hours ago, JParis said:

Keep on Mazak...

I am also reading in my emails the the B code is opposite for a VC500...if I am standing in front of the machine the B axis tilts clockwise is B- and CCW B+ which is now correct..

That's where ours was set wrong

That's fun, having the part rotate in the direction opposite of what you're expecting. Never a good thing. 😆

Was the B direction the only problem? The post matches our B and C rotations and the test program I did the B & C went to the right spot, it's just the X & Y are off it seems. Hair puller.

2 minutes ago, BBprecise said:

That's fun, having the part rotate in the direction opposite of what you're expecting. Never a good thing. 😆

Was the B direction the only problem? The post matches our B and C rotations and the test program I did the B & C went to the right spot, it's just the X & Y are off it seems. Hair puller.

From what I read, you're a  VC500..it was explained that the til values should be opposite of the file I sent you..my B- should be your B+

and the larger question, yes...the rotations being off caused the positional calculations to be off as well...

2 hours ago, BBprecise said:

On the Renishaw side; point selection is critical. Try reversing your points. i.e. your 1st point now, make that the 2nd point, and your 2nd point now, make that your 1st point. 

I have the same issues on the FANUC. I'll get my points mixed up and instead of getting what I want, I get experience. :rofl: 

• Haha 1