Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verify Stock different than Stock Setup

aweb

I have my stock in my Stock Setup defined as shown in the 2nd picture.  I used a .stl file and then defined the stock from that.  However whenever I go to verify, the stock checkbox shows up as this cylinder instead.  If I check the initial stock box then the stock as defined in my stock setup comes in correctly, but doesn't show any machine progress.  Any idea how to fix this?

stock1.jpg

stock2.jpg

click on the button to the right of verify (from the toolpath manager) which is called Simulator Options, once you get into simulator options make sure that stock is set to your stl and it should verify properly. When using multiple stocks or stock models typically simulator options is where you change the stock to display for simulations.

4 minutes ago, JoshC said:

click on the button to the right of verify (from the toolpath manager) which is called Simulator Options, once you get into simulator options make sure that stock is set to your stl and it should verify properly. When using multiple stocks or stock models typically simulator options is where you change the stock to display for simulations.

Tried that as well.  Still giving me a cylinder in the verify tab.

Whats interesting is if I go to machine simulation > Verify, this doesn't happen, my stock comes through correctly and there is no cylinder.

Just now, aweb said:

Tried that as well.  Still giving me a cylinder in the verify tab.

Whats interesting is if I go to machine simulation > Verify, this doesn't happen, my stock comes through correctly and there is no cylinder.

hmm i am not sure in that case, without looking at the file the next best thing you could try would be to make a stock model toolpath, make sure its set to top plane, then select the stl file. A stock model toolpath can be created off an external stl file. From there you can use the simulators options button and select that stock model. i would expect that would definitely work

• Like 1
2 hours ago, aweb said:

I have my stock in my Stock Setup defined as shown in the 2nd picture.  I used a .stl file and then defined the stock from that.  However whenever I go to verify, the stock checkbox shows up as this cylinder instead.  If I check the initial stock box then the stock as defined in my stock setup comes in correctly, but doesn't show any machine progress.  Any idea how to fix this?

stock1.jpg

stock2.jpg

There are 2 ways of defining your stl as stock in the operations manager, you could use an external file or an imported Mesh Object.

Have you tried both of those?

3 minutes ago, Thee Byte™ said:

There are 2 ways of defining your stl as stock in the operations manager, you could use an external file or an imported Mesh Object.

Have you tried both of those?

I imported an .stl with merge at a separate level of my finished part, then under Stock Setup selected it as my solid/mesh.  Did the same with the drop down tab under Simulator.  I have not tried the File> direct .stl import yet, but I don't see why one would work and the other wouldn't, especially when there are options under both Stock setup and the Simulation setup to use both.

Just now, aweb said:

I imported an .stl with merge at a separate level of my finished part, then under Stock Setup selected it as my solid/mesh.  Did the same with the drop down tab under Simulator.  I have not tried the File> direct .stl import yet, but I don't see why one would work and the other wouldn't, especially when there are options under both Stock setup and the Simulation setup to use both.

If you are encountering issues,outside the realm of the "normal" software behavior, I would suggest trying all the methods available, 9/10 times there is a workaround.

If you believe you have encountered a bug, qc<at>mastercam<dot>com is the inbox for Cnc Software Inc.'s quality department.

I've encountered this before, and as far as I can tell it is a bug. I have only seen this problem when using rectangular solids as stock, and then, it only occurs occasionally with certain files. What I have done for a workaround was to add a small .0005" chamfer to my solid, then it would come into verify properly. Not sure what I would do if I encountered this on an STL

• Like 2