Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

subprogramming on a tombstone

cherokeechief79

im having trouble getting mc to post properly when using subs on parts with different xy zero points.the vices are double lock and the movable jaw draws towards the center from the outside.the center jaw is fixed so on some critical parts the xy zero has to be at the fixed jaw.that means the top pc xy zero is at the lower left and the lower pcs xy zero is at the top left.this is all fed into an offsett file used by our cell controller and called up every time the job is run on this "fixture" so somehow i would like to get it right.anyone else doing this?

i can get it to post fine if i keep the xy zeros in the same location.

If I understand you correctly, you may be able to "toolpath > transform > rotate" and then "toolpath > transform > translate" with subs. I just did a real basic example and it appeared to work.

Basically you are transforming a transform. I don't have much time to play with this whole thing but I think it is worth it to give it a try.

Mike

[ 04-10-2004, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: Michael Whitten ]

quote;

--------------------------------------------------

.that means the top pc xy zero is at the lower left and the lower pcs xy zero is at the top left

-------------------------------------------------

Does this mean that your running two seperate toolpaths, mirroring one toolpath, or are the parts lower left, upper right?

thanks for the replies!

yes i have to run 2 seperate toolpaths.that seems to be where the trouble is.i cant use the same tpath on each.although they may be running the same exact part g54.1 would use sub # n0001 and g54.2 would use n0002.now take about 20 different toolpaths and transform rotate them around all 4 sides.i cant seem to get it to work but maybe im beating a dead horse.

I have customers donig same application. Same part multiple offsets , same sub per offset.

You have many options for the work offset. G54's, G10's, G52's, G92's, etc.

The one thing most of these guys have in common is that they are using mpmaster.pst has a base for their post. (Mpfan is also very capable and is used some also)

I put a sample up for someelse last week on ftp under mc9 folder (1145-stoned.mc9) Try posting it out and see what happens. (It is on two dif faces)

Are you changing the tool plane origin?