Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2020 geometry randomly gone

Leon82

It's unlikely, but geometry can go missing due to corruption. 

If warning are disabled for deleting associated geometry, it is easy to slip and delete something.

Was it a multithreaded operation, Iirc they can sometimes not be updated and remain not dirty..

Are you using in houses ike posts? I saw in one of their videos something about geometry on certain levels being deleted...

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

It's unlikely, but geometry can go missing due to corruption. 

If warning are disabled for deleting associated geometry, it is easy to slip and delete something.

Was it a multithreaded operation, Iirc they can sometimes not be updated and remain not dirty..

Are you using in houses ike posts? I saw in one of their videos something about geometry on certain levels being deleted...

The post itself we got from the matsura tech. It's nothing special. He had all the clearance heights on absolute and he swears they were on incremental. I don't know if it's related to the missing geometry but it's only small sections of chains. But it does warn if you go to delete an associated entity

22 hours ago, Leon82 said:

The post itself we got from the matsura tech. It's nothing special. He had all the clearance heights on absolute and he swears they were on incremental. I don't know if it's related to the missing geometry but it's only small sections of chains. But it does warn if you go to delete an associated entity

The tool collided with the top of the workpiece/stock then? Ouch, I use an automatic linking system that validates the clearance/retract/top of stock/feedplane to avoid this kind of thing, its a chook but i think its possible to achieve something similar in active reports. 

The rules about toopath default and settings are a bit complicated, definetly i would be concerned about some kind of corruption/bug or undefined behavior. If Mastercam is misbehaving a full uninstall and replacement of the config files shared mastercam/my mastercam and deleting the program files folder is in order. In some extreme cases i had to have user account deleted and new ones made.

If possible converting chains to splines is ideal since this avoids the kind of missing chain links you are describing, that sounds like a chain tolerance issue, you all need to have and maintain the same chaining tolerance if you are going to share files with multi sync chains.

Ideally you should always use a single spline unless you have no other choice.