Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

B-axis Rotations Not Consistent

Spotterhphc

Hello,

So I am running an  Integrex and am making a custom grooving tool and want to cut the pink surfaces with a flat bottom em ( a true flat bottom ). Making the toolpath was easy and backplot and simulation show correct only the posted code is different. I know simulation doesn't read code. The first initial  B rotation is B-15. and this is correct. All passes after are reversed so the C rotates 180° and starts the cut at the top. When it does this I overtravel when the head gets to the bottom. When it is B-15. and works bottom up, all is well. When i run the first pass on the machine it cuts perfectly. Is there a way I can prevent/force the post to keep all the passes the same? Looking at the picture with the pink surfaces shows that the toolpath is clean and no weird jerky moves.

I am using multiaxis Curve using 3D Curves for the Curve Type and lines for the tool axis control. 

I did try using Misc Integer 4 which is the start solution + or -. When I changed this that is when I got it to post B-15. on the first pass only. So it worked but not on every pass. 

I also do get a rotary/tilt axis unwind message. It makes one pass just fine, why can't it do the others that are the same cut?

What are your thoughts? 

Thanks for any assistance. 

1.png

2.png

b2.png

b1.png

msg.PNG

Singularity event and going to be hard to do what your after setup that way. You would be better mounting the vice on a Trunnion and have the part along the Z axis Facing up to X verses the Y axis Facing Z like you have it.

This is a quick change Trunnion I designed for a customer. It is repeating to less than 5 microns and using the Jergens Zero Point Pin and Bushing system. I had them make the side plates and the bottom plate out of 17-4 PH in a 1050 condition. That is a 10" chuck dumbed on one side and a 8in chuck on the other. It is over 26" Long by 8 " wide and was flat within .001" when we put it on the machine to finish off the hole locations for the engine block that gets mounted to it. One of the best fixtures I have every help make or seen for these type of machines. The guys say I should patent the deign and sell it, but not what I do.

• Like 3