Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

operation parameters feed speed auto populate?

cruzila

What exactly are the conditions for the speed and feed to populate automatically from the tool settings when "use tools step, peck coolant" is checked on the group properties page?

My experience is sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. When selecting a tap, it usually always immediately populates. I've also watched it take a few seconds then grab the data. I can't find something that is consistent enough to say "these circumstances make it trigger"

Just selecting another tool then reselecting isn't always enough. Yeah Yeah, just re-initialize..........but sometimes I miss it. That's when it gets annoying to myself and management.

3 hours ago, Leon82 said:

You have to select speeds from tool in the machine group tool settings. You can change it in the defaults.

Do you have lock feedrates selected in the settings?

Yes, I have use tools speeds selected in macvhine group. Yes, I didn't say but lock feedrates is on. Regardless, sometimes feeds are not locked, sometimes they are.

• 1 year later...

I forayed into 2024 with a couple of simple jobs. Got my rear bit a couple of times and am frustrated. Look back at the OP and the question remains. Selecting a tool, the list now takes "more" time to populate the data. I saw other complaints about the time for the tool manager to load. I am going to assume there is some sort of tie between these. Select the tool, wait, click again and it highlights, wait, see the data change happen or blue check it and hope it takes. Or green check it and then reopen to see if it is right.....

My most current failure is selecting a tap, the data from the tool populates fairly quickly but the cycle does not populate the same way as 2023. The result was g81 for a tap and that was catastrophic. 

Yup, we are a fast paced shop and I'll have mutliple projects going so My fault I missed it. But, it should be easier, not harder to get it right.