Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T The internet is broke....

Brent Wilkerson

Come on ,guys ,the end of the world is not coming .

Vulnerability - it is a good possibility to sell new routers ,upgrade router`s BIOS ,a lot of work for experts ,software patches ,Programs to check this vulnerability and other ways to get money .

It is good thing for many people and bug 2000 was looking eveng more frightful ,do you remember ?

My tail is also very vulnerable banghead.gif

I have a solution now all I need is the problem....

quote:

...it is a good possibility to sell new routers ,upgrade router`s BIOS ,a lot of work for experts ,software patches ,Programs to check this vulnerability and other ways to get money.

Did virii exist before Anti-Virus apps/companies?

Which came first? The chicken or the egg?

I thought it was neat the guy is from Milwaukee also. Something possibly for Wi to be remembered by rather then brats, beer and cheese! I'm not a native to Wi but I've been here long enough now to poke fun at the great state!

Brent, I wish that article was a little more technical. I remember in university in my operating systems course we had to analyze the TCP stack and our professor noted a few flaws to us. I wonder if they're the same ones or something entirely different.

Wisconsin could also be known for having towns with hard-to-pronounce names (and I'm from Northern Ontario eek.gif ). I learned the hard way the first time I drove through northern Wisconsin; Menominee (both WI and MI), Peshtigo, Ashwaubenon, Oconto Falls, Wausaukee, St. Nazianz...

PS: My inlaws live in Michigan's UP (Crystal Falls) so I know how to pronounce them all now, but it took a few trips wink.gif

St. Nazianz is a stone's throw from Manitowoc. When I moved here all the cities names threw me for a loop. I'd watch the news to hear how they pronounced the cities names. Including Manny.

Yoopers and FIBs I tell you. I just thought it was just in movies! smile.gif

Bullines....just hop on over to Vancouver, BC and check out CanSecWest...that's where he is going to talk about it. Even though I know it's the other coast....but you know.

From his site:

quote:

The conference is scheduled for April 21-23 in Vancouver, BC. The paper I will present will examine some specific security problems in the TCP protocol. If you interested in hearing the talk, be sure to attend the conference!

Teh sky is falling teh sky is falling! cheers.gif

I love when they publish these "Serious Flaws" whether its for Windows or the internet. The first (and most eager) people to read this stuff is the hackers.

So Brent: Where are you from originaly? I'm a transplant from Chicago. I remember when I first called one of my co-workers a cheese head. Then he called me a FIB. We all laughed. Then I asked "what's a FIB". I had never heard that one before. Certianly a lot harsher than Cheese Head.

Mike Mattera

quote:

The first (and most eager) people to read this stuff is the hackers.

And script kiddies too.

Slashdot is the best for all your geek news and gossip.

I'm a FIB, kinda.... F*ckin Iowa B*st*rd.

I know Iowa = Idiots Out Walking Around. BTW smile.gif

What I don't get is I drink pop not soda and drinking from a drinking fountain not a bubbler.

And the sloppy joe / hot tamale thing is another one.

We're all in the midwest! We are all the same goofballs! biggrin.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...Does this mean you get to poke fun - at da Yoopers, eh ?...

OMG!!!! ROFL!!!!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

ROFL!!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

You guys are killing me. I'm dying, people are beginning to look at me funnier than usual.

James teh Is soda supposed to come out from da nostrils??? biggrin.gif

This thread is hitting to close to home for me to stay away from.

We turn in Crystal Falls to go to a friends' cabin on the Paint river. My wife's a yooper. (A pretty one...they're rare.)

I've seen Esanaba in the Moonlight...The first half was the funniest I've EVER seen, the second half was BAD.

I've been called a cheesehead more times than I can count...I've called others FIBs that many +1.

I think we can boast the most serial killers from one state also.

No wonder we drink so damn much.

Ed Gein, Jeffery Domer.....who else? biggrin.gif

The beer to hand ratio is a problem I face all the time. So many beers and only two hands. I'm thinking about getting the booze IV put in after work tonight.

Also the state where a top state official gets busted for OWI.

I can function perfectly at 0.2bac, along with all the other Wisconsinians smile.gif

I've been working here 14 years and my wife has only been in my office once, but if I reply to the "pretty yooper girl" comments like I want to...she'll walk in and read over my shoulder.

ScottyB staying away from the thin ice.

Brent, We've got to get together. I've been to Manty a lot lately. I'm sure there's a bar that serves my favorite domestic beer there.