Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Integrex sub spindle multiaxis

Mcam Nut

I am having problems doing multiaxis tool paths on the sub spindle, It works fine on the main, but when I try on the sub spindle it links the main spindle and attempts to sync the main spindles and seems to output the c axis moves in reverse.  Am I missing something in the toolpath to not sync spindles and output U axis for the sub?

53 minutes ago, Mcam Nut said:

That wont really be an option for this job because of bar feeder and robot.  have you had any luck getting the angles to work with the sub spindle being driven my the main?

Yes, but you just have to be ware the main is moving all the time the sub is doing what it needs for the toolpath.

16 minutes ago, Mcam Nut said:

Also I can not do a surface finish flowline on this machine, does anyone know why this is not an option?

Yes the MT environment has stripped most of the normal milling toolpaths out of the product. 5 axis Parallel is about the closest you're going to get to Flowline. I have drawn the flowline chains using create curve flowline and then driven the toolpath using 3D contour.

1 minute ago, crazy^millman said:

Yes, but you just have to be ware the main is moving all the time the sub is doing what it needs for the toolpath.

Yes the MT environment has stripped most of the normal milling toolpaths out of the product. 5 axis Parallel is about the closest you're going to get to Flowline. I have drawn the flowline chains using create curve flowline and then driven the toolpath using 3D contour.

well that is a great idea

19 hours ago, crazy^millman said:

Sorry to be pedantic, but I'd argue that Parallel isn't an equivalent to 3d Flowline.. Parallel's pattern is independent of the surfaces's U/V.. It literally never even looks at them.   

Equivalent in 5 axis would be the old school 5 axis Flow.

If you'd prefer a 5 axis flowline with modern tool axis & collision control, use the new (for 2022) Unified multiaxis toolpath and choose a Surface pattern, then you can choose Flow U or V:

image.png.2c887994187eea3f70f53f344b04da5c.png

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Aaron Eberhard said:

Sorry to be pedantic, but I'd argue that Parallel isn't an equivalent to 3d Flowline.. Parallel's pattern is independent of the surfaces's U/V.. It literally never even looks at them.   

Equivalent in 5 axis would be the old school 5 axis Flow.

If you'd prefer a 5 axis flowline with modern tool axis & collision control, use the new (for 2022) Unified multiaxis toolpath and choose a Surface pattern, then you can choose Flow U or V:

image.png.2c887994187eea3f70f53f344b04da5c.png

Yes you are correct and the new Unified has many more options to offer than either of them. Problem is the stripping down of MT and still no 5 Axis Linking capabilities in it.

41 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

It works on my post/mastercam22 

I can do surface finish flowline line using booth c axis and y axis 

However Id use %axis unified in M22 if u use older system id go for %axis Morph 

INTEGREX.PNG

You are not using the MT environment you are using the Lathe/Mill process that is using an In-House MP Post not the MP.NET that the MT environments use. MT was stripped down to make it easier to learn and use using a Job Setup process created for each specific machine. Then simulation and posting code are all related to that specific machine to check for collisions and issues in Mastercam before it every goes to the machine. One of major complaints from the newer users of Mastercam is how much there is to do in the software. Majority of people want the easy button process to program their part. They don't want to have to think or even put in effort to learn how to make parts. Every company's dream is the feed the paper print in the front and spit the part out the back like with 3D printing.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for adding something to this topic.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2022 at 2:17 PM, crazy^millman said:

I found my problem, I have to manually input my work offset before the c-axis locks and the and the 2 spindles sync

• Like 1