Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Ops manager toolbar button move possible?

Carbonwerkes

Sorry in advance if I have missed a post on this. I would like to alter the position of several toolbar buttons within the Operations Manager/Toolpaths ribbon. I don’t see any obvious way to make that happen in MC2021. By convention, most Windows applications permit control over ribbons via drag or pulldown menu. And, that exists for the main ribbon bar, but not (so far as I can tell) for the Ops manager.

The reason for the need may be obvious- but if that is the case, Im not clear as to why such a simple change would not have been implemented long ago. In my environment, we tend to favor using toolpath subgroups as blocks which can be included or excluded from post. This helps for a scenario where we have different hole patterns in a generic mount plate for example. In larger projects, we may have a subgroup that handles different ornamentation (surface milling patterns), and we may have different pocketing depending on the material in use etc. I can end up in a situation where I have several toolpaths showing in determining what config Im posting, and if I want to clear them- I might do a select all and then toggle that Show/Hide toolpath button. An accidental click on the Ghost and I end up will all ops set to the same post state, and there is no undo on that command.

So yea, I know I can setup an F-key/macro for the hide/show toolpaths, but Id prefer to have the option to simply move the Ghost button to the far right of the command ribbon etc.

This may be possible via registry edit- Ill have a look. But if there is some direct method via the GUI- that makes it easier in case of a reinstall/update that may overwrite the registry mod etc.

I hope the week is starting out well for you all-

Best,

Rob

Rob, no it has been asked for many times over the last 15 years. We use to hack the .dll files to make these changes, but the developers put safe guards to prevent users from doing that. That is probably 30 year old code supporting that section and you start messing with it and the software will probably become unstable.

Thanks for taking the time to let me know. It is strange in that Microsoft has all these requirements for MS certified software, and I write to those just because people want consistent behavior between applications. Why it is that the devs went to the trouble of allowing main menu config, and even pulldown menu customization, but didnt just replace the tool bar in the Ops manager is beyond stupid. It leads to breaking changes. And it is so unnecessary. How long would it take to replace that bar with a standard control- they already have the object (MFC or internally developed, whatever- they have it for the main menu etc)... Spend 2 hours to migrate this one over, and you dont have this problem of a really ugly mistake 5 pixels away from a super-common command icon. Anyway- thanks again, Ill just setup my backup strategy to every 1 minute with 200 saves deep... Silly the workarounds we have to do for a very expensive piece of software...

Best,

Rob