Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

round up of xyz tolerances to 0.005 mm

ngkim

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Mike,

Hello fellow teacher. I teach Mastercam at a local NTMA Training Center http://www.trainingcenters.org 2 nights a week at the Inland Empire Training Center. I thoroughly enjoy teaching, it's my way of giving back to an industry that has been good to me. NOt that it hasn't had it's ups and downs, but for the most part, it's been up.

------------------

James M. ;)

James,

If I sent you my syllabus for the mastercam course, would you look it over and tell me whether or not I'm on the right track? I'ts a brand new class (I've been teaching it in the cnc machining/fixture design classes, and I just got a stand alone mcam class approved to run this fall.

I'd really appreciate it! biggrin.gif

thanks!

Mike R.

Back to the original question, if all else fails, you can always do the following to round to the nearest .005 mm:

1. Set decimal precision to 3 places. I think 2 is the default for metric.

2. Multiply: x * 1000.

3. Add .5

4. Divide by 1000.

I think you can do this in the post.

------------------

Dave Eno

Auburn Vacuum Forming Co., Inc.

[email protected]

i tried all that(screen-configure-nc settings) but i still get readings after posting liked Y 39.072,X-134.208 which is ridiculous for the machine to read.what i mean is round them to 0.005 mm.i wonder how to change settings as suggested by Mr. Dave Eno in the post??

[This message has been edited by ngkim (edited 05-29-2001).]

[This message has been edited by ngkim (edited 05-29-2001).]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Mike,

I'd be happy to look at your curriculum. Maybe we can swap Projects. I've got a few pretty nice Advanced Projects and Beginning Projects.

------------------

James M. ;)

Kudos to all you teachers out there! I am an instructor for CNC/CAD/CAM also, and really enjoy it! It's nice to see so many teachers that have actual hands-on experience, as opposed to the ones that only read about what we do and then try to teach it. eek.gif