Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2023 and Solidworks PDM

wenteq

Is anyone running Solidworks PDM and have installed Mastercam 2023 on the same computer? We seemed to have lost the functionality of the PDM when using file open in MC2023. Mastercam 2022 still functions fine, so we are able to use it still.  Normally within a PDM Vault, the folders are green and the top ribbon is different. In MC2023, it looks like a normal Windows Explorer with the yellow folders.  We raised it with CNC software and got a defect # D-48912. Has anyone ran into this and found a workaround?

Yes, I have the exact same issue. I reported it to my reseller and they passed it up the chain as well. My only real work around is start a file in 2022 and then drag and drop it into 2023. It seems to me that once it sees the file in 2023 it can find it in the vault. I posted a topic on the official Mastercam forum here. You can follow along there as well, although it seems to be forgotten already.

https://forum.mastercam.com/Topic46532.aspx