Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dynamic xform oddity

So not a Guru

So, suddenly today my dynamic xform changed it's default behavior to not move the selected elements. It dis however graphically move the elements...until the green check mark was clicked.

Took a couple minutes to figure out, WTH?

This is on my established seat of 2022.

Okay, I'm done venting about the ever evolving bugginess of MC.

The "move" you see on the screen while in the command is, to my understanding, a lightweight graphical preview. When you actually click the green check to accept is when it goes through and moves/copies the full entity selection. For massive selection sets, this can mean that you appear to see the "move" disappear for a bit and then reappear when it finishes up. Is it not ever moving the elements upon green check now? Did you set it to place them on a specific level on the Advanced tab, and that level is currently hidden?

16 hours ago, Chally72 said:

The "move" you see on the screen while in the command is, to my understanding, a lightweight graphical preview. When you actually click the green check to accept is when it goes through and moves/copies the full entity selection. For massive selection sets, this can mean that you appear to see the "move" disappear for a bit and then reappear when it finishes up. Is it not ever moving the elements upon green check now? Did you set it to place them on a specific level on the Advanced tab, and that level is currently hidden?

It turned out to be an issue with the plane. I had created a plane from a solid face, after I unchecked the associativity boxes in the planes manager, dynamic xform worked properly. I don't recall this ever being necessary before, but perhaps I never did this, exact, sequence in a dynamic move operation before.

• Like 1