Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mcam 22 point selection issue...

Dontech

Good morning, all.

In previous versions of Mcam (such as 18), when one wanted to add more points to a drill routine they would simply right click on the "Geometry - (x) Entities" line in the Toolpath Group, scroll down to "Add Points" in the new window, and simply pick more...if memory serves. Now that we're using Mcam 22 I am finding that adding more points doesn't seem to work like previous versions. When I click on the points Geometry in the Toolpath Group a new tab called Toolpath Hole Definition opens up. I know this isn't news to you guys but this is the first time I've run into it so I'm not familiar with it. I can't figure out how to simply add more points. After much trial and error I figured out how the Copy Previous Points button works to select additional points, but that isn't quite what I want, nor can I figure out how to reselect my points.  I just want to be able to either add more points OR reselect them like what worked in the past. Surely this Copy Previous Points feature isn't the only way to do this, is it? I tried the Help but didn't find an answer there.

There's a ton of other improvements. 

For example, you can now select solid entities instead of just an arc/point.  When you do that, you have the ability to let the toolpath derive the depth from length of the object.  On the Linking page, make sure that the checkbox at the top (calculate incremental values from lines/holes).

All of the quickmask selections work now (select all arcs, select all red, etc.).

If you're a real power user and you can use solid holes (as in Solids > Holes), then you can select individual segments of the hole to assign the toolpath to, which makes it WAY easier to import groups of toolpaths to, say, make your 1/4-20 thru hole hole by spot drilling, drilling, milling the counterbore a lot easier.

Also, play with Advanced Drill, which is a new toolpath.  It's pretty fun too.