Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

any modern large plate clamps for op1 workholding?

lowcountrycamo

I have been tasked with setting up and programming a new Makino Mag1.  Well will be cutting aero structure parts on this machine on a 48 x 48 tombstone, and will be up in Mason, Ohio at Makino's facility to prove out our 1st 2 parts.    In the past we have used a 1" grid with toe clamps.  I was hoping there is a more modern way for fixturing large AL plates for op1 programs.  OP2 fixtures will be custom per part, mostly vacuum and screws.  Any suggestions.  I have used and like Pitbull clamps but that does not take well to modular designs.  Any suggestions?

thanks,

steve austin

A lot of different modular systems out there. Really going to come down to what the starting stock is going to look like.  Nice Blocks then maybe a Rail clamp system with quick change positions from FCS Systems, Geraridi, or others comes to mind. Can beat with Pitbull clamps can do either, but yes not suited for the modular world.