Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to highlight my mouse cursor pointer in Mastercam?

curiosity100

Similar. The mouse trails will happen whenever you move your mouse and will show a trail of ghosted pointers that will follow the cursor. It's a big help locating the cursor.

The Find Cursor will create a similar circle around the cursor like the yellow one in your video but it will go from bigger to smaller then disappears and only happens when you press the CTRL key.

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, Jobnt said:

Similar. The mouse trails will happen whenever you move your mouse and will show a trail of ghosted pointers that will follow the cursor. It's a big help locating the cursor.

The Find Cursor will create a similar circle around the cursor like the yellow one in your video but it will go from bigger to smaller then disappears and only happens when you press the CTRL key.

I just tried it, very similar but I'd like to try and find out how they were able to have it like in the video. I appreciate the tip though!

5 hours ago, curiosity100 said:

I just tried it, very similar but I'd like to try and find out how they were able to have it like in the video. I appreciate the tip though!

The highlighting with the circles is a function of the recording of the video. Those circles do not appear on the screen as the person is clicking, they are added to the video by the software doing the recording. I use a program called Camtasia to record my videos, and it gives you this ability to add the "highlights" to the recorded video.

You could try a program like Pointer Focus. At $12.50, that is a pretty cheap price. I attached the trial version as well.

https://www.pointerfocus.com/buy.html

pointerfocus.zip

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Something close, try out PowerToys. Its a free addon from Microsoft. There are plenty of tools in it, but of interest here are the mouse tools. 

For finding your cursor, you double click the CTRL key and it will dim the entire screen except a circle around your pointer. Makes finding it super easy. This dimming lasts until you click the mouse button so you can leave it highlighted while moving if desired.

image.thumb.png.7e7709300eda16bd091d65a40d2fb3e9.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2