Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Is there a quick way to find what level your Machining/Avoidance Geometry resides?

parallax7761@comcast.net

Hi all, I am using someone else's program as a template to machine a part. I'm doing this because the part's are almost identical except for a few angles of some features. While redoing the avoidance geometry selection of an OptiRough path I had a bit of trouble finding what level the geometry/solid used for selection was on. I ended up just using the Arrow used to select additional geometry and then turning on and off levels one by one until I found the highlighted features. I believe someone once showed me a way to find level details very quickly but I think it was for something else other than Machining/Avoidance Geometry. I'm hoping there might be something similar to find the source faster than my current method. I need to re watch the 2 hour tutorial someone gave me on Vericut because I have a feeling it may be mentioned in there already....

Excellent! Thank you, you're a lifesaver as usual...Why didn't I know an offset square and red circle means "Only Display Associated Geometry" it makes so much sense now. 🤣 Sarcasm aside, thanks this is going to save me a lot of time. I have no idea what a symbolic version of that statement should look like either. Probably why it's good they backed off on all the symbols since X9. Although the symbols for "Offset" and "Translate" seem pretty intuitive and accurate.