Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Adding Baxis to Mpl Master post

Hi all

I am wondering how easy or hard it would be to add a B axis to the Mpl Master Lathe post to allow more a 3+2 machining and not full 5 axis 

I would also like to add a line for tiling work plane I have done a few edit to this post to suit my machine but this is the last main one required.

Failing that is there a Generic MT post that has The B axis that would be easier to edit 

Thanks and Kind Regards 

Graeme 

In general, if you are talking a "5-Axis Lathe", you are better off purchasing a Post. You're not going to be successful trying to just add 5-Axis Matrix and Vector logic to a 4-Axis Mill or 4-Axis Lathe Post.

There is no generic MT Post I'm aware of. They all cost money, and you must go through your Reseller or an authorized 3rd Party Post Developer, to source a 5-Axis or MT Post.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

In general, if you are talking a "5-Axis Lathe", you are better off purchasing a Post. You're not going to be successful trying to just add 5-Axis Matrix and Vector logic to a 4-Axis Mill or 4-Axis Lathe Post.

There is no generic MT Post I'm aware of. They all cost money, and you must go through your Reseller or an authorized 3rd Party Post Developer, to source a 5-Axis or MT Post.

I was leaving that answer to someone else. Sorry when i do it I am the meanest person on this forum. You and others do it and people love you for it.

• Like 1