Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Load workspace problem

Hi all,

I use Mastercam router and I'm used to having a certain toolbar available to me. Today mid-day I opened a new file and the tool bar is gone and I can't get it back. I feel like this has happened in the past and all I needed to do was go to settings/load workspace and then select router and it all came back. That's not working. I went into settings/configuration/start up/exit and made sure startup and workspace was set to router, still nothing. Restarted computer etc. 

I've tried a bunch of different files and they're all the same. 

Suggestions? 

Thanks! 

Jonathan 

Theres a small handful of things that can cause a workspace to get lost or reset, so like anything else computer related backups are your friend, that specific file should be here C:\Users\LoginName\Documents\My Mastercam 2023\Mastercam\CONFIG  So next time you get it properly setup it would be a good idea to make backups.

some of what can cause it to get reset is, if that file is missing from that location, if that location is not accessable (like if your documents folder is on onedrive and you lose access or connection to onedrive), or if the folder or file was stored on a server or folder that is not accessible. Almost every single file in that My Mastercam Folder will get automatically rebuilt if mastercam can not find them. 

Logging into the pc under a different user would give you a different user data folder aka My mastercam folder, so if your logged in under a different user perhaps thats the reason. 

I expect there is likely other things that could also cause a file like that to get reset, but those are my opinions on what could have happened, all speculation of course 

IT pro's sometimes even change users document folder locations without notifying the user in my experience, could also cause the problem 

15 minutes ago, JoshC said:

Theres a small handful of things that can cause a workspace to get lost or reset, so like anything else computer related backups are your friend, that specific file should be here C:\Users\LoginName\Documents\My Mastercam 2023\Mastercam\CONFIG  So next time you get it properly setup it would be a good idea to make backups.

some of what can cause it to get reset is, if that file is missing from that location, if that location is not accessable (like if your documents folder is on onedrive and you lose access or connection to onedrive), or if the folder or file was stored on a server or folder that is not accessible. Almost every single file in that My Mastercam Folder will get automatically rebuilt if mastercam can not find them. 

Logging into the pc under a different user would give you a different user data folder aka My mastercam folder, so if your logged in under a different user perhaps thats the reason. 

I expect there is likely other things that could also cause a file like that to get reset, but those are my opinions on what could have happened, all speculation of course 

IT pro's sometimes even change users document folder locations without notifying the user in my experience, could also cause the problem 

I think you got it! When I logged in this morning and for some reason I couldn't get into the correct user on my pc.