Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Editing material in 2023

danatoem

I did a search on this and only turned up information going back to 2012? 

When I go to stock setup (2023) the material is defaulting to Aluminum. Just below that tab is a button to edit material. My thought is, nice and easy! The difficulty lies in why is the option greyed out?  Why would it give me an option to edit material and than grey it out? I would be happy to just loose "Aluminum" and make it blank. In the threads from 2012 they have you change feed to "set from tool" and than you can change stock. I don't think 2023 is working that way? I guess i am missing something pretty basic but just not seeing or finding info. Thanks for any suggestions !

• 4 months later...
31 minutes ago, Dino559 said:

Im having trouble selecting material at all, when i click the  material selection  button it tells me either "Cannot write to tool library because the file is marked read-only" or "Library not found [C:\Program Files\Mastercam2023\Default.mcam-materials]. Any advice?

if the message really stated that location then something is pretty odd there because the material file should not be found in that location in the first place, my system had installed it here: C:\Program Files\Mastercam 2023\Mastercam\common\SharedDefaults\MATERIALS , i would first suggest reaching out to your mastercam reseller as they can offer the most assistance in my opinion, otherwise i think i would start with a re-installation of mastercam if it were me running into that error since its looking for a file in the wrong location and since that doesnt make a lot of sense