Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Incorrect 5x feederates on Siemens 840d

Like the title says, I'm seeing issues with feedrates on a DMG Mori DMU-40 with a Siemens 840d control. Issue is during a 5x path (simple pocket routine wrapped on a cylinder and locked to 4th axis.) the machine feed during Y (or X) only moves is moving drastically faster then when C is commanded as well. The machine is running G94, I did already try FGROUP commands, but with little success. Time estimation in CAM for cycle is around 5 minutes, on machine it takes about an hour. Uncertain where the issue is. Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry I missed the responses to this. I did get it working.

@Greg Williams Program isn't built with Mcam, so I can't share a file.

@?Mark FGroup alone wasn't fixing the issue. I did every combination I could think of for this. FGroup (X,Y,Z,C) still made the C axis very slow during C only moves (probably around 20% of what it should have been moving).

@Slick The machine does have TRAORI and it is commanded during machining.

Fix I found for this with Mark's help was to add FGref[C]=1.000 where 1 is the radial distance from center of the cylinder. Of note that both FGroup and FGref needed to be below the CYCLE832 line in order to function.

• 2 weeks later...

@Slick Not using MC for this. Running another CAM software at the moment. Time to run was about 6 minutes. I know from previous experience that Mastercam was pretty good with times. If you removed tool changes and other ancillary actions from the machine, the time would be about +-5% of the predicted time. (At least for the machines and posts I was using.) This would change significantly for the 5 axis paths if you were running something not COR as the machine would have much further to travel for each move.