Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Is Fanuc corrupt memory possible?

So we have a mx520 with a Gtech 31i. It's the older Mims control with the small screen and small keyboard and manual guide I.

A Couple weeks ago I loaded a program and one of the deburring cycles it drove the tool into the side of the part. Double check camplete it was fine compared to the memory card it was fine. the program seemed to jumble two or three lines together in the control.

I reloaded it and it was fine.

Today I  added some deburing to another program and line 35,500 I have an A move with two decimal points in it. So it alarmed out. I double checked the program on the hard drive of the computer and the memory card it was fine. I reloaded the program three times and still had the same double decimal point move. So I deleted the older version of that program from the control and reloaded it and it loaded fine.

Is it possible that there could be a specific memory sector that's corrupt?

On 6/23/2023 at 3:29 PM, Leon82 said:

Is it possible that there could be a specific memory sector that's corrupt?

Yes and no.

Twice (since the 30i Series generation came out) I have had to do a full ALL-FLDR.TXT backup, then delete ALL the programs and folders. Cycle Power. You have to delete the files first.

Reload the ALL-FLDR.txt file after you cycle power. Presumably the same sector would get written again. Never had that fail and so far the machines haven't had problems with that again.

There was a file or two that would just go haywire. We reloaded all the same programs and no issues.

So, Is it possible? Yes. The fix may take a little time but memory is one of those weird things.

• Like 1