Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MIll-Turn working between main and sub spindle

westerfieldc

Hey All,

I am trying something new to me in Mastercam Mill-Turn.  I want to grab a long piece of stock with the sub spindle out of the main about half the total distance of the part.  Do some turning work then again pull some material into the sub spindle do some more work between the two spindles before ultimately finishing with the last amount being sucked into the sub spindle to finish work on the end.  I have looked around the web and on here and have not found anything, I know what I'm asking is hardly done but the first part where you hold material between two spindles is done a lot.  Just have never done this myself.  If you could point me in the right directions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

If you have Mastercam mill-turn it should be supported flawlessly.

I only have Mastercam lathe so on our integrex i need to manually add M codes successively to clamp/unclamp/pull-push stock. The important stuff for your application: it should exist a M-code to synchronize spindles.