Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Advanced Drill coolant codes messed up

amw

Hey guys I have an issue with advanced drill in 2024. I select flood coolant and it simply posts out "On" and "Off" in the G code. Using MPmaster post and V9 coolant. Any ideas? 

Here is the code: 

N20 T8 M06 (5/8 DRILL)
N25 G00 G17 G90 G54 X0. Y0. S305 M03
N30 G43 H8 Z3.
N35 Z-1.7758
N40 S300 M03
N45 On
N50 G94 G01 Z-2.0258 F2.
N55 G00 Z-1.8758
N60 G01 Z-2.1758
N65 G00 Z-1.8758
N70 G01 Z-2.3258
N75 G00 Z-1.8758
N80 G01 Z-2.4758
N85 G00 Z-1.8758
N90 G01 Z-2.6258 

Untitled.jpg

I figured this out after. Im using the old V9 style coolant as I mentioned. But it looks like Advanced drill is getting the values from the X style coolant and I didnt have these setup. See attached pic, you can see where on and off came from. 

So I filled in the values for the X style coolant and now advanced drill works ok. Still have v9 style coolant selected and using it everywhere else. 

Untitled.jpg

On 8/7/2023 at 10:40 AM, Aaron Eberhard said:

Correct.  Advanced Drill does not support V9 style coolant.

Are there any other operations that do not support V9 coolant? 

I did try it with Mill Default, still using V9 coolant, and still showing on/off for coolant x values. And V9 coolant worked fine in advanced drill. Strange. In any case using a combination of both does seem to work for MpMaster. 

51 minutes ago, amw said:

Are there any other operations that do not support V9 coolant? 

I did try it with Mill Default, still using V9 coolant, and still showing on/off for coolant x values. And V9 coolant worked fine in advanced drill. Strange. In any case using a combination of both does seem to work for MpMaster. 

Perhaps the newer Lathe toolpaths like Custom Thread?  I believe there's also a few places in MT that only display info from modern coolant, but that's not a generic toolpath and it's inside of a "controlled" environment.  Advanced Drill is the only mill toolpath that I know of that can't use the generic coolant page populated by the main toolpath dialog framework. 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2023 at 11:55 AM, amw said:

I figured this out after. Im using the old V9 style coolant as I mentioned. But it looks like Advanced drill is getting the values from the X style coolant and I didnt have these setup. See attached pic, you can see where on and off came from. 

So I filled in the values for the X style coolant and now advanced drill works ok. Still have v9 style coolant selected and using it everywhere else. 

Untitled.jpg

just got done messing with this toolpath after not using it due to not working for me in the past.

now its doing exactly what I need it to do for deep hole drilling. PLEASE!! do not break the toolpath..

on the above image under the enable event tab, change from ON to M08 or whatever code you use to turn on coolant. same for turning it off.

hope it works for you. it worked perfect for me after changing.

never mind, i re-read your post and see that you figured it out.