Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterCam 2023 not importing solidworks entities

Ryan123

Hi All,

I'm having a new issue where boundary sketches and WCS's are not being imported from solidworks (2022) files into masterCAM 2023).

This issue started only this week. previously Mastercam would import whatever sketches and WCS's that were visible when the part was saved. This is no longer the case.

I've been in touch with support and haven't gotten a sufficient solution. turning on solids history seems to import the sketch I want, but also every other sketch used to make the part which is undesirable. I have had no success with getting the WCS to import for my part. It was able to import a WCS from a sample part provided by support, but it the orientation was reversed.

Any suggestions? Anyone running into the same problems?

I know MasterCAM has its own "fully functional 3D CAD" but I am proficient in solidworks, and would very much like to avoid having to learn a whole new CAD program to get around this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Have you looked at the Solidworks export settings an made sure they are outputting all the needed information? Thank you for sharing a Z2G, but there is nothing I can really determine about what could be the issue from it.

Here is what I look for in a Z2G that makes me feel comfortable helping someone.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CNC Software, Inc.\Mastercam 2023\License Agreement
 Accepted - Date and Time = 09/06/2022 14:59:01
 Accepted - User Name = Tool Room

The user names matches the other places in the information inside of the Z2G.

@ryan123,

According to Prototek (our Mastercam people) Mastercam and Solidworks have several issues. I was experiencing MC crashing at several different points of programming and it was always a SW file. I uninstalled SW completely from my PC as I never use it. I've heard from several machinist at the MC2024 rollout that SW and MC should NOT be on the same PC. They have been working on compatibility issues for more than a year with no fix. Ever since I uninstalled SW I've had zero issues with MC crashing. My response doesn't really address your direct inquiry, but it may be just another compatibility issue going on...

mc.png