Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Planes

GARRJESS

Doe's anybody know how to get rid of old tool planes that are showing that they are active, but are actually not being used. I have had this issue for years.

They where brought in with another op. The were reconstructed and renamed  due the fact they were off 180 deg to the new tool and construction planes

•  

You have to figure out why they're in use.  If you right click on the plane (hold down CTRL while clicking to select multiples), you can choose "Report" and then view the Selected.  For example, here's a plane of mine in use for a view sheet as well as three toolpaths:

*** Plane Usage ***
Used in view sheet    : FP - Op30
Active                : WCS
Active                : Cplane
Active                : Tplane
Machine group         : Machine Group-1
     Used in machine group's system views: WCS
     Used in machine group's system views: Tplane
     Used in machine group's system views: Cplane
Toolpath operation    : 51 - G83 - Peck Drill - [WCS: FP - Op30] - [Tplane: FP - Op30] - No 7 Drill .201
     Used in operation WCS
     Used in operation Tplane
     Used in operation Cplane
     Used in NCI
Toolpath operation    : 53 - Thread Mill - [WCS: FP - Op30] - [Tplane: FP - Op30] - Thread 1/4-20 Threads
     Used in operation WCS
     Used in operation Tplane
     Used in operation Cplane
     Used in NCI
Toolpath operation    : 52 - Model Chamfer - [WCS: FP - Op30] - [Tplane: FP - Op30] - Chamfer .25-20 holes
     Used in operation WCS
     Used in operation Tplane
     Used in operation Cplane
     Used in NCI

In order for me to delete this plane, I would have to change my view sheet, the currently active W/T/C, as well as reassign or delete the 3 toolpaths.

• Like 1