Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Lathe: Creating a machine setup for a Sherline CNC conventional lathe with tools at front?

berntd

Hello,

I have a small lathe of type Sherline 4410-CNC. This for my own educational purposes mostly.

Like this: 

https://www.sherline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/8400_pic.jpg

The library for 2018 has a lot of lathe machine definitions included but none seem to have a spindle on the left and toolpost at the front and to the right of the spindle.

The defined tools also all seem to be made to come in from the rear.

To work around this, I tried turning the whole machine setup around and have a spindle on the right but tools coming from the rear. Should be the same as a spindle on the left and tools from the front).

Generating any toolpath results in the tool starting in the stock error or in the chuck error or the path just does completely weird stuff that I cannot follow.

Is there a suitable tutorial that I can follow to get this working perhaps?

I have also included the file I am working on.

Any help, as always, greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Bernt

Key Shaft2.mcam