Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Code Expert Setting Marks

Can someone tell me,  Is there a way that I can set a mark in code expert and select to that specific mark?  rather than scrolling up or down to that mark?  ive used other editors in the past that allow this,  but cant seem to figure it out in Code Expert .............Thanks

1 hour ago, 215 said:

Im not sure?  If I have a large program and I want to cut and paste,  I currently have to scroll back to where I want to cut or paste.  I would like to set a mark,  then select to that mark and cut or paste.

I normally create extra spaces and use that as place holders or even use the line count next to the NC Code lines.

image.thumb.png.bb1554e7a68e343be0a71e53567ab6f1.png

4 hours ago, 215 said:

Can someone tell me,  Is there a way that I can set a mark in code expert and select to that specific mark?  rather than scrolling up or down to that mark?  ive used other editors in the past that allow this,  but cant seem to figure it out in Code Expert .............Thanks

Select each line in Code Expert. Right-Click > Bookmarks > Set Bookmark.

After setting several bookmarks, you can then right-click > Bookmarks > "select next bookmark" or "select previous bookmark".

Also, once they are set, the keyboard shortcuts <CTRL> + <SHIFT> + (plus or minus), will move forward or backward through the bookmarks.

I don't believe bookmarks are permanent however.

Another option is to add "pairs of comment tags", which create sections that are recognized by the editor, and allow you to expand or collapse whole sections.

#REGION

code

code

code

#ENDREGION

You must use #REGION and #ENDREGION as matched pairs. They can even be nested, but this takes some work and care to do.

Last thing about regions > <CTRL> + <M> will both 'expand all regions' and 'collapse all regions'.

And, I would be remiss if I didn't mention > I hope you are bookmarking sections of your Post Processor, to make edits and fix the NC Code output, and not editing your NC Programs coming out of Mastercam. But if you are talking about editing your NC Code programs, then I'd encourage you click on the link in my signature, and learn how to edit Mastercam Post Processors!

• Like 2
17 hours ago, 215 said:

Im not sure?  If I have a large program and I want to cut and paste,  I currently have to scroll back to where I want to cut or paste.  I would like to set a mark,  then select to that mark and cut or paste.

I know you're talking code expert, but in CIMCO Edit there is a Mark/Delete Range function. Give it the first and last line# to mark and it highlights it for you.

• Like 1