Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Process Hole

IbanezTim

I don’t have Mastercam at the moment so i m just guessing.

Did you check your part holes are exactly the same as the ones in your strategy template? Process hole toolpath will only show strategy toolpaths from your template compliant with your hole features. It needs same diameters values, same segments number/type, same angles...  

2 hours ago, IbanezTim said:

Ok, I am dumb or brain farting..... I for the life of me cannot figure out what I am doing wrong here as I can not get Process Hole to recognize that i have tool paths in here. Where has my brain turned off? 

Hole Ops.mcam 579.2 kB · 1 download

Hey Tim,

Process Hole works by matching Solid Hole forms (and segments of a hole) between the template file and the part file you're using Process Hole in. Because of this, the selections you make in a template file need to be tied to Solid Hole operations, or they're just ignored by Process Hole as invalid processes for a template file. (This helps you use any part file as a valid template file, and filter out any toolpath groups or operations that aren't part of the template process you would want to use.) This solid hole selection distinction can be subtle and it's one of the things we're working to improve in Process Hole. 

So, simple change to make it all work. Here in your template file, you've single-clicked and selected solid faces (no intelligence) for the features the toolpath is acting upon:

109348166_SolidFace.thumb.png.7a018f4d89a2362a30ea8e83cdf67185.png

Instead, double-click to select the actual solid hole (intelligence, knowledge of the solid operation and all segments of the hole). Take a look at the differences in the Toolpath Hole Definition labels and name. The Type is now signified as (Solid Hole) and the name of the feature is the name of the solid hole operation.

563614106_SolidHole.thumb.png.0358a034f2faa930d5f93f063f70ecea.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1