Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

180° C-Axis Rotation Issue with 5-Axis Program

XXDALIXX

Hello Mastercam community,

I'm facing an issue with my 5-axis program in Mastercam, and it's a bit of a puzzle. There's an operation where my machine performs an unnecessary 180° rotation in the C-axis, and it's not consistent.

To provide more context, here's what's been happening:

This isn't the first time; it's been an ongoing issue. Sometimes it occurs, and other times it doesn't. It's a bit frustrating.

I've experimented with different solutions. For instance, I've tried changing the rotation vector by a few degrees, and in some cases, it seems to fix the problem. However, there are moments when this solution doesn't work, and the issue persists.

What's most perplexing is that even with the same input, the outcome varies. Sometimes it works perfectly, and sometimes it doesn't. I primarily use curve operations for this.

I've double-checked my settings, but I can't seem to pinpoint a consistent cause. If anyone has faced a similar situation or has insights into what might be causing this, I'd really appreciate your input. It's a bit of a mystery, and I'm eager to resolve it.

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts and experiences.

To provide more details, here's the G-code for the operation

180° C-Axis Rotation Issue with 5-Axis Program.SPF

Maybe a situation where limit controls could come in handy.

but from my limited experience, sometimes depending on the B rotation capabilities of your machine tool, the C axis may have to swing 180deg to be able to make the next cut. Hopefully with a z2g file someone can be of better service.