Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5 axis drill and automatic linking issue

Alien

I made a stock model out of your part and used that on the Stock page of the first operation

That looks like it solved the problem

The same approach did not work  for the 5X drill toolpath.

On your first toolpath operation, if you look at your solid chained geometry, your orientation is off on 4 holes. The arrows should be pointed up towards your theoretical spindle.

I went ahead and turned off automatic linking cause if your machine dogleg rapids it may hit those two island features sticking up.

For your 5axis drill, the orientation of your chain is correct but it seems as though you need to define a safety zone. (under linking parameters) Once I defined a safety zone consisting of your part + fixture it seemed to dodge everything well enough.

I am on mastercam 2024 or I would save the changes for you.

1st pic shows your hole orientation off, 2nd shows it corrected. and 3rd is with the safety zone defined.

em1.png

em2.png

em3.png

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Kyle F said:

On your first toolpath operation, if you look at your solid chained geometry, your orientation is off on 4 holes. The arrows should be pointed up towards your theoretical spindle.

I went ahead and turned off automatic linking cause if your machine dogleg rapids it may hit those two island features sticking up.

For your 5axis drill, the orientation of your chain is correct but it seems as though you need to define a safety zone. (under linking parameters) Once I defined a safety zone consisting of your part + fixture it seemed to dodge everything well enough.

I am on mastercam 2024 or I would save the changes for you.

1st pic shows your hole orientation off, 2nd shows it corrected. and 3rd is with the safety zone defined.

em1.png

em2.png

em3.png

Hi, Kyle F,

First of all, thank you very much for great help.

I tried again and see something very strange. When I start drill op and choose geometry, all holes have same direction. But when I open parameters tab in this op and  click geometry icon, the 4 holes have opposite direction!  Pic_1 is selecting geometry for toolpath. May be this is one of the bugs in 2022 version. In 2024 it works correct.

Thanks again for help.

Sincerely,

Michael.

Pic_1.jpg

Pic_2.jpg

• Like 1