Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need help. Simulation settings is different in mastercam 2024.

I'm taking a mastercam course right now and in one of the lessons it's asking me to open up the simulation settings. But they are using an older version of mastercam so they are seeing a UI I don't see. So now I'm lost.
image.png
 This is the UI they see when they click this button (simulation settings)

image.png?ex=65a875bf&is=659600bf&hm=afa

But when I click it in mastercam 2024, this is what I see

image.png

The reason why this is a problem is because I want to specify which fixtures I want to show in my verify. At the moment I have two fixtures one for each op, but it's showing them both in the verify tab like this:
image.png

I only want to show the bottom one, but I don't know how to hide fixtures in the workholding tab. I need to go to that older UI to specify it seems, but it's gone in 2024.

What do I do?

My best guess would be you have both vises on the same level, and maybe that level is selected as your workholding?

Your screenshot isn't showing the correct page to change that info, you are on sim settings

I usually keep op10 workholding on it's own level and op20 on another to make it simple, but if you have both vises on the same level just use the selection for individual solids

wh2.png

Once I get my workholding defined under these machine group settings, I'll go into the sim and select "use mastercam fixture definition"

sim.png