Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

post help or machine control help

Haas UMC here; I wish to post G54 through G56 for each piece. I'm pretty certain that I am being blocked by either the machine post or the machine/control definition. I would also like each operation to run on each piece before moving to the next operation; like face top G54 G55 G56 then face front and so forth. I can do all of these things utilizing a 3-axis post but when it comes to my five axis post its a no go, we utilize G254 (dynamic work offset) and wish to continue doing. I think this is where the problem lies but I know we can just cancel out the G254 before going to the next work offset then enabling G254 once again. Take a look at this and see what you all think. looking to run the 3-piece riser on my UMC in the most efficient manner utilizing G254 as well as three independent work offsets. I'm not the man or the guy, just a cog in the machine trying to make things happen I'll pass it along for post work if necessary no problem, just want to get it narrowed down before handing it off.  Any help is much appreciated.  

TRANSFORM TEST.NC

TRANSFORM TEST.mcam

TRANSFORM TEST.NC TRANSFORM TEST.mcam

This is from the free Haas 5X Trunion post  "Generic Haas VF-TR_Series 5X Mill.pst" that is available from Mastercam.com

Your post may have something like this

You'll need to set "use first wcs" to no$

There are also work offset settings in the Transform operation that will need to be set properly.

#Work offsets
workofs$     : -1    #Initialize work offset
force_wcs    : yes$  #Force WCS output at every toolchange?
use_frst_wcs : yes$  #Use only the first WCS read and ignore all others in NCI
extoffset    : 1     #Extended workoffsets Output Type; 0 outputs G110-G129; 1 outputs G154 P1-P99