Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Work Planes Not Posting Correctly

KL66

To start, I am creating a custom plane in order to do face milling on a lathe with live tooling. My X axis is going up and down with up being positive. My Y axis is going left to right with left being positive. The tool path looks correct and everything seems fine in Mastercam but when I post the operation, all of the movements come out opposite. I started the tool path in all positive directions but it comes out posted in all negatives. I have gone through the plane settings and the tool path parameters thoroughly, but nothing fixes this issue. I dont know if it is an issue with the post processor or if I am missing something. Also, when the operation posts, the stock is set to rotate to 90 degrees instead of staying at zero where it should be. I am not sure if this is connected or how to fix that either.

There are switches in the machine definition manager that you can flip to change the output of your post. Look at properties of the axis to see where they are. The other way is to flip the switch in the post. I'm no expert but know that there are a few places to set direction of code output.

Screenshot 2024-01-23 094029.jpg